Good job i'd already started working on the details then Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muspila
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:48 pm

That looks cool.

Makes me think we might also make some orcish furniture. Maybe leather-stuff like water-skins and orcish drums? What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Weirdo. Are you a mind reader or something?

Earlier i started making a wooden chair with a leather seat on the bottom and back parts Neutral

But yeah, what i was gonna do was design about 6 exterior's to the tents, then make interiors. And then model a few bits of furniture, such as tables and chairs, bed's

I love Orks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muspila
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:07 pm

I can see no reason why not Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:42 am

About Haafinheim, how many different tree objects have been used in Haafinheim, and have the haafinheim trees got their own unique ID?

The areas near the other provinces should be 'blending' areas I suppose, whereas the innermost areas we can make how we want, so it isn't a sudden change and fits in.

How much does SGMonkey's tent look like the Two World's one? I think it's bad to make a blatant connection to another game, so maybe changing the textures and adding extra details would be good. It looks awesome btw, you could slightly round the corners though. (just add a new edge along each side of the corners and drag the corners in a bit, to make it less sharp)

As for the whole 'endless sea of trees with nothing to do in there' thing, we can add in small caves into the forest (mounds like the reiklings have maybe?), and make the forest sparcer nearer areas of interest. Unless we give them a reason though, most people will stick to the roads rather than venture in I suppose.

Also, in response to answer 3 in Lestat's FAQ: I think the problem with bears is the size. When you pack that many trees together you are going to have creatures getting stuck, it's their large collision coupled with a crappy AI (though I doubt improving it would help).

What kind of creatures would be unique to Haafinheim? Has it been dicussed yet? Some Daggerfallish dungeon tilesets and dungeons would be great. What a Face

edit: Also SGMonkey, honestly, you should just trust me about billboards instead of asking elsewhere. When I told you max can't export billboards on the BGSF, and made a reference to the niftools forum, if that was just me making up stuff someone would have told you. This has nothing to do with max, max can export Billbaords into other formats (usually using a special property or string apparently), it's to do with the max niftools exporter, which cannot export them. The niftools max project is DEAD, so don't expect billboards in max anytime soon either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:15 pm

dirnae wrote:
About Haafinheim, how many different tree objects have been used in Haafinheim, and have the haafinheim trees got their own unique ID?

The areas near the other provinces should be 'blending' areas I suppose, whereas the innermost areas we can make how we want, so it isn't a sudden change and fits in.

How much does SGMonkey's tent look like the Two World's one? I think it's bad to make a blatant connection to another game, so maybe changing the textures and adding extra details would be good. It looks awesome btw, you could slightly round the corners though. (just add a new edge along each side of the corners and drag the corners in a bit, to make it less sharp)

As for the whole 'endless sea of trees with nothing to do in there' thing, we can add in small caves into the forest (mounds like the reiklings have maybe?), and make the forest sparcer nearer areas of interest. Unless we give them a reason though, most people will stick to the roads rather than venture in I suppose.

Also, in response to answer 3 in Lestat's FAQ: I think the problem with bears is the size. When you pack that many trees together you are going to have creatures getting stuck, it's their large collision coupled with a crappy AI (though I doubt improving it would help).

What kind of creatures would be unique to Haafinheim? Has it been dicussed yet? Some Daggerfallish dungeon tilesets and dungeons would be great. What a Face

edit: Also SGMonkey, honestly, you should just trust me about billboards instead of asking elsewhere. When I told you max can't export billboards on the BGSF, and made a reference to the niftools forum, if that was just me making up stuff someone would have told you. This has nothing to do with max, max can export Billbaords into other formats (usually using a special property or string apparently), it's to do with the max niftools exporter, which cannot export them. The niftools max project is DEAD, so don't expect billboards in max anytime soon either.

I agree...translation cells between different holds are a MUST...

The Forest contains much more than just a few caves (check FAQ for more details)...sparsing the treeline at special areas is a good idea, but I think it should be done only near ruins, otherwise it is too easy to find the locations cause the player simply has to levitate.

We actually have a 1:1 copy of the Daggerfall Dungeon Tiles, cause I always missed dungeons on Vvardenfell and get sick of exploring caves and velothi tombs.

I guess 2/3 of all side quests the player can get at Haafingar will lead him into the forest, cause most people avoid to leave the roads because of the risk of robbery, werewolfs and other creatures.

I guess the Snow Leopard is a good choice for a unique Haafinheim Creature...it is small enough to fight in the forest and it's bright fur harmonize with the snow that covers 70% of the hold

Last edited by Lestat DeLioncourt on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:44 pm

We have a snow leopard now?
That's a good choice for now, though it did strike me as more of a mountain creature.
We can always tweak or make a new creature later. I was thinking we could have something similar to the reiklings in Bloodmoon (not just a retex or mesh tweak though plz more just the idea of small intelligent creatures, like goblins too).

Though keep in mind that groups of creatures in this forest will destroy fps (animated objects in game, including NPCs and creatures, are the worst fps killer, remember that, especially for towns later on).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:52 am

dirnae wrote:

Sorry Dirnae, it wasn't that i doubted it atall. I just wanted a second opinion if you like. Ive installed blender, and its terrible Razz

It doesnt seem to recognise that i have python installed, thus, wont let me import anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:05 am

SGMonkey wrote:
dirnae wrote:

Sorry Dirnae, it wasn't that i doubted it atall. I just wanted a second opinion if you like. Ive installed blender, and its terrible Razz

It doesnt seem to recognise that i have python installed, thus, wont let me import anything.

I've installed Blender ages ago and I had similar problems...Make sure that you have the required version of Python...maybe it will help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:25 am

Blender worked without problems for me guys, and I'm using Vista (dun dun dunnnnn).
After you put in a little effort to learn (or change) the UI it works great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muspila
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:58 am

Orc bow

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:26 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:45 pm

As I said before, the bow looks great Muspila. Very Happy

I'm glad you're working on the Bruma houses again Lestat, the ones you've made so far looked very good.

I haven't been posting up models because I haven't been able to model recently, due to college, but I guess I can show you all the fort ruin interiors I was modelling before. I'll get some screenshots up later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Nice work!

What town are these going to be used for btw (just out of curiosity)?
Good Night mate. Smile (I should get to bed myself actually, or else I wont be ready for mother's day Sleep )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeti
Trader
Trader

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Here's some ideas for the modeling list:

-Quote from Imperial library: "The voice is so revered that when enemies are defeated, the Nords will take their tongues as trophies ."

-Altmer clutter for the Altmer ruins

-Orcish tribal clutter

-Big mountain goats Cool

-Some simple lowerclass rugs. The rugs we have look a bit too rich to use a lot in commoner houses and mead halls.

-Statues of Nord gods and heros.

I'm thinking about doing some simple concept art for some of these.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:23 am

Model Front Final:

https://2img.net/h/i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/LestatDeLioncourt1872/MiddleFront.jpg

@ Dirnae

The Bruma and Viking Set in not meant for a special city or village...If we will do every house unique we need between 400-500 House Models, cause every Captial alone includes 50-80 Houses depending on it's size. It is more meant for Central and Eastern Skyrim and the Southern Border.

I fucking hate the idea that a capital of a hold has 15- 30 buildungs like Balmora or Ald'Ruhn!..Could anybody imagine to go to New York City or Boston and find 30 Houses?

I know it's a game and city scales can't be like in real world, but we should be more realistic than the cities in Vanilla Morrowind or Oblivion.

Personally I love the way Tamriel Rebuild is doing Almalexia...9 cells for a large capilal is a lore acurate size in my opinion.

@ Yeti

Good ideas for new models...I suck in doing statues Sad but Dirnae and Daywalker are great in doing faces and bodies of creatures or human.

We will add the needed models to the list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:24 am

Yeah, you're right Lestat, I agree about the use of the houses. Skyrim will have more settlements than cyrodiil if we follow the maps, so we should not be afraid to reuse houses within reason.

Statues shouldn't be too hard, I've got a high poly body model that's free for editing and use, which I guess I could rig later and put into different poses.
Btw Yeti, it'd be great if you could do some concept art. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeti
Trader
Trader

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Quote :
I fucking hate the idea that a capital of a hold has 15- 30 buildungs like Balmora or Ald'Ruhn!..Could anybody imagine to go to New York City or Boston and find 30 Houses?

Well Vvardenfell was all one district (the Morrowind equivalent to hold I guess) and its capital (Vivec) had 150 interior cells Smile
Vvardenfell was also pretty underdeveloped what with it be a volcanic back-water island and all.

Also, Ald'Ruhn was pretty big when you consider the huge amount of stuff they fit in the Skar

50-80 buildings for Skyrim's capitals, sounds good to me Cool

I just hope we'll be able to handle doing all the interiors affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Well, Vvardenfell has only been opened up to the Great Houses for settlement a few decades before Morrowind IIRC.

Anyway, interiors are going to be annoying, yeah, but we've got the time to do them, no rush.

edit: Yeah, it says in 'A Short History of Morrowind'
Quote :

3E 414

The Vvardenfell district of Morrowind starts to be colonized, after the Duke of Morrowind revokes the old Treaty of the Armistice. Originally, Vvardenfell was an exclusive district of Tribunal Temple who had banned the trade and additional settling. And almost immediately, the Imperials and three Great Houses (Hlaalu, Telvanni, and Redoran) begin to take the opportunity to settle the area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeti
Trader
Trader

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:22 pm

You ask and you shall recieve Dirnae. queen Here's some Orc clutter I drew last night:

I don't have a scanner so I'm stuck taking pictures of my drawings with a camera pale

Orcish tribal clutter

Just some quick concepts I came up with. I tried to not get too close to stereotypical ocr stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks!

I think I can use some of them. I guess we'll have to think about what the orcs are like, I don't imagine them using whole bones in their objects, as they are skilled craftsmen IIRC (at least when it comes to armor and weapons).

I don't see them as barbarians, but as nomads and craftsmen, and brave warriors too.
So I think they'd have a "brutal elegance" to them. What a Face

I like the baskets, they're very fitting.
Pots 1 and 3 are nice, 2 would be nice too w/o the bone

I've got a fun idea for the cups from a documentary I watched, I like the jug.

The orc horn is nice, though perhaps without the jagged edge. The dagger would look awesome for an orc huntsmen. What a Face

Not too sure about the handle on the axe, I like the rest of it though.
Ha, I need to find a way to get my pictures onto the computer so I can share my ideas easily. scratch

Btw Yeti, I'll retexture a rug for you later. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeti
Trader
Trader

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Yeah the bones were probabily a bit much Laughing

For the rug, something that's a darker brown and not too decorative would be great for my AmberGuard interiors. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:27 am

What's the ID of the rugs you're using for Amberguard now btw?
I'll make mine in a similar style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Modelling Thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next