Share | 

Ideas Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Ideas Thread   Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:54 am

This is just a quick thread for storing all the ideas we have for Skyrim, whether it's an idea you just thought up, or ideas that come up when we talk on MSN or Skype, so we don't forget them.

Here's some ideas that me and Muspila came up with earlier:
-Large wooden motifs and statues depicting famous events in Nordic History
-More original Nords should display Nordic racism towards elven races(?)
-Singing using sound files (we'll need someone who is good at editing sound files, and someone with a good microphone to do a Nord impression. Very Happy This isn't top priority, but it'd add a lot of atmoshpere to the game.)

Me and Lestat also had a few ideas:
-Snow minotaur has 100% frost resistance (or close to) and uses a cast on self Frost Damage Spell with a large radius. This'll cause the minotaur to be surrounded by an icy explosion as it roars (the cast on self animation is a roar).
-Larger Rarer Minotaurs, which are spread out all over Skyrim. The player hunts them and collects their pelts, horns and teeth which can be made into armor and weapons. Similar to snow bears and wolves on solstheim, except much harder. There could be a quest where you have to hunt one, only after which you could hunt them all over Skyrim, a kind of trigger for the hunting quest. The quest giver for this trigger quest could either be the guy who makes the weapons and armor for you, or a hunting guild of some sort. You could be led to the rarer Minotaurs by rumours.

Me, Lestat and SGMonkey came up with a few ideas yesterday on Skype too:
-Ice Wraith could use ice particles. It's undead, so it could be a ghost like creature made of particles, or something else like a zombie or skeleton.
-Billboard shrubs similar to those in Gothic 3

Feel free to use the thread for storing any of your ideas. Smile

pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:41 am

I was wondering about new faces and such.
Are we going to be including new faces. Seeing as skyrim will mostly be populated with Nords i think it would get a bit tiresome seeing the same nondescript boring vanilla faces everywhere.

I think it would help add alot more character to the various peoples of skyrim if there was a much larger number of faces Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:01 am

We probably should, but who's going to make them?
I'm making a tileset and 3 creatures atm so my hands are full for now.

We'll have to get the heads sorted out before we start placing too many NPCs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeti
Trader
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:00 pm

I was thinking the same thing about faces while putting NPC's in my AmberGuard interiors. We could just ask to use some from a face mod though

These faces by Emma are very nice. king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:19 am

Yeah, I've been so busy making models for Skyrim that I guess I forgot all about resources.
Emma's faces look good, are they a resource then? I'd talk to Lestat about this btw, he handles this sorta stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeti
Trader
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Well I'm pretty sure Emma would be fine with us using them if we ask permission Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkSoul
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:47 pm

Westly has made alot of good Nord faces aswell (mainly women). He might be a good one to ask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:03 am

I agree, westly's are much better that emma's Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:59 am

I wouldn't say they're much better Neutral , they've both made great heads and crappy heads.
You can ask whichever you want, but as I said talk to Lestat about it, and I think we've already bothered Westly for a few things so keep that in mind too. pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeti
Trader
Trader

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:19 pm

Lestat had already choosen to incorporate Emma's heads into the mod Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:54 am

Before I forget, we do plan to have a hell lot more ingrediants in Skyrim, no wasting half of the animal like in Morrowind.

However, I suggested to Lestat that we could script it so the player has to learn how to harvest certain parts of the creature, from a skilled hunter, before he can aquire all the items. Could be an interesting side thing for Skyrim. You'd have to find different hunters in different to learn how to harvest creatures in that area.

There is a similar thing in gothic, where you learn how to skin animals, pull claws and teeth from animals, and that sort of stuff.
I guess we can't have them teach how to skin, as the player already knows how to do that from Solstheim. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:33 pm

dirnae wrote:

I guess we can't have them teach how to skin, as the player already knows how to do that from Solstheim. Neutral

Maybe it will work...all creature on Skyrim has new ID's as well as everything else...If we script the ingred disabled till the player got that skill it must work...It's only strange that the player could skin an animal on Solstheim, but not on Skyrim....but...fuck, who cares? We could add a separate PlugIn with a Hunter on Solstheim and script the BM ingreds too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Well, as a default setting, I guess we should probably give the wolves and bears a default ingrediant you can get (the pelts), then the player has to be taught how to aquire other items from the animals.

Then later, like you said, we can add an optional .esp so you have to learn how to skin the wolves and bears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas Thread   

Back to top Go down

Ideas Thread
Page 1 of 1